When you hear the word “landman”, you might think that somebody is talking about a person who owns land or something. That’s not actually how the term is used. A landman is a person who works in the oil and gas industries, and it could be used to describe just about anyone in that line of work. Thus, when companies say they’re hiring a company that offers landman services, they’re talking about hiring a company that provides services to the people working in the oil and gas industry. This could be logistical support, lining up equipment, or helping them to secure oil leases, or really any number of things.
If you’re an oil and gas company that’s in need of a firm offering landman services, don’t just hire the first company you come across. You need to take your time and hire the right company, and that means having a strong understanding of what exactly it is that you’re looking for. Here are the five key things to look for in a company offering landman services.
1. Experience. Obviously, one of the most important things to look for in a landman services company is that they’re experienced. If you’re trying to secure a gas title, would you rather work with a company that had secured many gas titles in the past or a company that was doing it for the first time? You’d clearly like to work with the former.
2. Expertise. Secondly, you want a landman services firm that’s got expertise in everything related to the oil and gas industry. The best landman services companies are experts in everything. They know how to secure equipment, they understand mineral rights, and they stay up to date on any changes in the regulatory framework.
3. Reliable. Third, you want a company that’s reliable. They need to show up on time, answer their phone, and respond to your emails. This is hugely important.
4. Affordable. It’s also generally a good idea to work with a landman services company that offers their services at a reasonable price. There’s clearly a lot of money floating around in the oil and gas industries, but that doesn’t mean that you should be wasting it on overpriced companies.
5. Thorough. Lastly, you want them to be thorough. In other words, they should pay attention to the details, notice the small things, and walk you through every step of the process for whatever you’re hiring them to do. Put simply, they should be on top of their stuff.
As one might imagine given the size of the oil and gas industry, there are a lot of companies out there offering landman services. What you want to find is a company like MAJR Resources that brings all five things from the above list to the table. You want an experienced company with expertise in their field, a company that you can rely on to do the work when you need it done. That’s what you should be looking for, and that’s what you’ll find in a company like MAJR Resources.