If you are looking for the right ways to treat your back pain, then you will want to consult with your doctor before you try anything. However, there are many non-invasive back pain treatment options that may work for you that you can try. It is always best to consult with your doctor first in order to ensure that you aren’t doing anything to worsen the pain. You can consult with a doctor and then either a neurologist or neurosurgeon after that pending on the severity of your pain and the diagnosis of your condition.
There are many ways to treat back pain and pending on the root of the pain, there are many ways that may work for your particular condition. Back pain treatments vary pending on your diagnosis, which is important to keep in mind. Listed here are several of the many ways that you can use in order to properly treat your back pain:
- Medications. You can try different types of medications to help with the pain including pain medications and anti-inflammatory medications.
- Self-care. You can try various forms of self-care, which include the use of heating pads and physical exercise.
- Physical therapy. You can also try utilizing physical therapy in order to try and heal your problem without the use of surgery.
- Massage. Pending on the level of your pain or the cause of your pain, you can try massage. However, it is important to consult with your doctor first and foremost in order to make sure that you aren’t doing more damage.
- Acupuncture. Acupuncture is a great natural treatment for back pain. It can release energy and pressure on the nerves and heal your pain in a natural and safe way.
- Joint manipulation. Another option for back pain treatments includes joint manipulation and therapy.
- Electrical nerve stimulation. You may also need to try electrical nerve stimulation in certain instances of back pain.
- Epidural steroid injections. Another option is to try epidural steroid injections as your form of therapy for your back pain.
- Spine surgery. In severe cases, you may need to have spine surgery from a neurosurgeon. This will be the case if you have back pain due to a herniated disc or a condition that affects your central nervous system or any other associated nerves.
- Orthopedic surgery.
As you can see, there are many different ways to treat your back pain and you will want to find the right options that will work best for your particular condition. You can find the right treatment options for you by consulting with your doctor. You can also consult with a neurologist or neurosurgeon if your back pain is related to problems with your central nervous system or peripheral nerves.
If you are looking for the right neurosurgeon to consult with, then you will want to reach out to the experts over at Boulder Neurosurgical and Spine Associates. They are the leading experts in spine care and can help you find the right solutions for your aching pains.